1) The original version of the present catalog was published in 1987 as a contribution towards the centennial celebrations of the Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music. We appreciated that our colleagues and readers around the world had donated many constructive comments and information after its publication. It is a great pleasure to be able to share this present catalog on line after such revisions.
2) The production of this Web page includes the achievement of the research below: Study on Musical Instrument Database with Multimedia (Head researcher: Prof. SUZUKI Takashi, Tokyo National College of Technology). It was carried out from 1995 to 1997 founded by a subsidy from the Japanese Ministry of Education. We received a great support from Prof. SUZUKI (about the English version) and Prof. TSUBOI Kuniharu, Chiba Polytechnic College (concerning the Japanese version) during the production of this WEB site. Also many thanks must go to their pupils.
3) We would like to sincerely thank Ms. Molly Jeon Adkins for her time and effort with translation and English proofreading.
4) We politely request users not to alter, reproduce or distribute the down loaded data.
5) Note that in romanization of each musical instrument, accents have been basically omitted.
Back to Contents